[KY4KY] 443.700

David Whittle whittlede at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:15:16 PDT 2015

I need some help testing the 443.700 BARS repeater. If you have the radio capability and the time please try the BARS UHF repeater from your location or while you are traveling around the Jefferson/Bullitt county area. I need a reports from some additional users to verify the following results.

The UHF transmitted signal is readable BUT the receiver is deaf when a mobile is stopped. The receiver
will work when the mobile has a greater than five watt signal into a mobile
antenna and the vehicle is moving. THEORY: the comet dual band antenna has one
or more broken joints and the antenna is receiving and transmitting on one
element. The capture effect from the numerous UHF signals bouncing around when
mobile is moving is providing enough signal to bring up the repeater and transmit the conservations.

   N4FNDwhittlede at hotmail.com