[KY4KY] 2013 Skywarn Recognition Day - Louisville Office of the National Weather Service

Rickey Singleton kc4s.rick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:28:32 PST 2013

For those of you in or near the Louisville Metro Area:

The Louisville Office of the National Weather Service will be participating
in Skywarn Recognition Day this year and I am coordinating the event on
their behalf. As in 2011, focus will be on HF operations. This event begins
nationwide at 7:00 PM on Friday, Dec 6 and runs until 7:00 PM, Saturday,
Dec 7. However, the Louisville office will cease operations at 5:00 PM on
Dec. 7
I'm scheduling two hour shifts beginning at 7P on the Dec 6 and need two
operators per shift (one for operating and another for logging the
contacts). If you can participate, please let me know the following:

   - Times that you are available
   - Your License class
   - Your preference: operating, logging or whatever is needed

If I get enough operators, we may also run the NWS's VHF/UHF station for
repeater contacts for a while on Saturday, Dec 7.
For those that participated in 2011, the planned set up with be the same:
Yaesu FT-857D to a Cobra Ultralite Senior on the front lawn.
If you have further questions, please let me know by e-mail of give me a
call at the number below. Thanks!!

--
*Rick Singleton - KC4S*
Emergency Coordinator - Jefferson County ARES