[KY4KY] FCC declares open source software defined radio'insecure'

K4RVM - Bob Myers k4rvm at critterbob.com
Fri Jul 6 23:57:43 PDT 2007

I totally agree with Kevin on this matter. Open source has been found to provide a proactive response by the community to keep
software secure. A wonderful example is to compare the secure open source web browser Mozilla Firefox to the buggy, insecure,
virus-inviting, malware collecting Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Additionally, with open source it allows developers to create add-ons to enhance the capabilities of the original software. This can
be seen other community-oriented software like Google.

And then, of course, we can also compare the computer operating system LINUX to the behemoth known as Microsoft Vista. I think these
examples work well in demonstrating just how foolish the FCC is in their decision. It's not really much different than their
ignorance with Broadband Over Powerline (BPL), in my opinion.